Welcome to Italian Village
Italian Village is an historic district located in the near north side of Columbus, Ohio adjacent to the central business district. The area is bound by Interstate 670 on the south, Fifth Avenue on the north, North High Street on the west and the Conrail railroad tracks to
the east. Italian Village area was one of Columbus' first suburbs, annexed to the city of Columbus in 1862.
© 2010, The Italian Village Society. All Rights Reserved.
In the early 1970's, residents of Italian Village took
action against the deteriorating physical condition of
the area, and the threat of having more and more
historic buildings demolished. Residents and property
owners who felt a sense of community and had visions of an improved neighborhood, formed the Italian Village Society in 1972. One year later, the Italian Village Commission was established by Columbus City Council.
In 1986, the entire Short North Area (Italian Village, Victorian Village, and the High Street Commercial District) was awarded an "All American City" designation for its public-private partnership in the revitalization of the area.
Several sections of Italian Village were recently listed on the National Register of Historic places, and yet another section is currently being considered for listing.
Join our Mailing List!
Get regular updates on Italian Village Society meetings, neighborhood events, and much more!